Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chapter 2 - The plan

So, now that you have seen the room, and the mess, I am going to present my plan, budget, and time line.

To be brief, I have drafted a first edition to my plan. I have given myself a budget of about 800 dollars and a deadline of July 31st, 2010 to finish the project (note: the deadline is a ways away, but remember we just moved here this past summer and some other projects were more important.)

Step 1: dig through EVERYTHING we threw into that basement and either find a place for it or throw it out. Now there are a few things that are down there that I am going to incorporate into my space, such as the mini fridge, the workout equipment, and the table & chairs. However, there are a lot of boxes of things that need to go.

Step 2: get the funds together in order to make my plan happen. There are some key things that I would like to buy, and some others that are going to have to wait, $800 will only go so far, but it is all I will be able to afford this year, with other projects going on in the house. That's ok, I can always add more later.

Step 3: begin putting it together, the fun stuff! I hope to begin this step by spring. It will probably take me a little while to get everything cleaned up and to get some money together, especially with Christmas around the corner, but we will see what I can do.

Which leads us into chapter 3, the layout

No comments:

Post a Comment